Introduction: What is Gilt.com and why should you shop there?
Gilt.com is a website that was founded in 2007, and it has since grown to be one of the most popular luxury discount retailers. The site offers deals from hundreds of hand-selected merchants, including designers such as Tory Burch and Diane von Furstenberg. There are also brands like Casio G-Shock Watches and Nike Air Max 90 Sneakers for sale on the site. If you want to know if Gilt is worth your time, this complete review should give you the insiders way to shop at gilt!
How Does Gilt work:
- Gilt is a membership site that offers members exclusive deals
- It’s free to sign up for the site, and you can cancel anytime
- Members receive an email when new deals are available
- Deals are limited in quantity, so it’s important to act quickly on them
The Surprising Long History of Gilt:
the website a decade ago was the #1 destination for ‘flash sales’ that overtook the internet, in the early days of the site you could not enter without getting an invite, it was a whole thing to get an invite and people were begging for one on Twitter just to access the deals, after few years this trend of limited time deals became less of a trend and eventually the owners of ‘Rue La La’ (also owners of Saks 5th avenue and few more top fashion sites) acquired Gilt for $250 million! Enough of this business stuff, let’s get into the really interesting stuff….!
What to Expect When Shopping at Gilt
Flash sales is a way to get a discount on the items and this is why you want to shop at Gilt.com, there are 100s of designer brands that can be found on gilt, but not many are aware that gilt also have a beauty category on their site! How cool is that?
There are 6 Ways to Save Money While You Shop at Gilt.com
- Sign up for emails and get exclusive deals
- Get a Gilt card to save an extra 25% on your first purchase
- Shop the sale section for discounts of up to 70% off retail prices
- Use promo codes when you checkout, which can give you free shipping or money back if you spend over $100
- Join a Gilt event in your area for even more savings
- Browse through curated collections like “Shop our Style” or “Gift Guide” to find what you want without having to search all over
The Secret is in the Health & Beauty Section
While most shoppers go to Gilt to find designer clothes discounts, the Health & Beauty section on Gilt has everything you need to look and feel your best. Shop makeup, beauty products (natural or organic), skincare regimens for all skin types; haircuts/coloring treatments from top stylists in the industry at discounted prices–there are many ways that gilt can help with making yourself more beautiful! The site is also home of brands like Armani and Gucci Parfums who offer high-quality fragrance priced affordably so anyone looking fashionable beauty brands without damaging their pockets will be pleased as well.. There’s much opportunity here if one takes time browsing through this category which makes up over 20%-70% discounts
The website is well laid out and easy to navigate (generally!) -When you first go on Gilt to make an account it will ask for your email address as well as link password. Gilt’s customer service team will not leave you hanging. They are quick at responding via both email or phone.
Pro’s & Cons:
- PRO: the site is easy to navigate
- PRO: deals run for 24 hours or more
- PRO: Top brands, save money
- CON: it’s hard to find what you specifically want vs. browsing individual stores
- CON: If you see a skin care brand you love, you will mostly not find the full collection
- CON: shopping under pressure, if you find what you like it will most likely not be there tomorrow or in couple of days or so
24/7 Flash Sales